Reader Question: Voltage Converters in Korea

It’s time to start posting some of the questions I receive from readers of the blog. First up, what’s the deal with voltage converters?

Hi Dustin,

I actually have a couple of questions about voltage converters or whatever you want to call them. I’m going to be bringing my laptop and I know I need something to convert the power. Did you need anything like this? If so, did you get yours in Korea or did you bring one from the states? Any suggestions on which one I should buy? Thanks so much for all the help you’ve given me.

Before I left for Korea I consulted with a AAA office in my home town and they set me up with everything I currently use.

You may need any combination of voltage converters, and adaptor plugs and grounded adapters.

Dual voltage appliances need the adaptor plug B. Examples are mp3 players and digital camera batteries.

Non dual voltage appliances also need the converter box, in addition to the adaptor plug B. I have a 50 watt voltage converter. Examples are my hair clippers and beard trimmer.

Laptops need the grounded adaptor.

I recommend buying what you need before you leave. Yes, you can buy everything here, but showing up and being able to plug all of my toys in from day 1 was quite a relief.


~ by ripcitytoseoul on August 22, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: